Chapter 5 from Young People’s Training, by Witness Lee
THE KERNEL OF GOD’S GOSPEL—THE INDWELLING CHRIST
This chapter includes the following sections:
- SUFFERING FOR PRODUCING AND BUILDING UP THE BODY OF CHRIST
- OUR GOAL IN PREACHING THE GOSPEL
- A MINISTER ACCORDING TO THE STEWARDSHIP OF GOD
- COMPLETING THE WORD OF GOD
- THE KERNEL OF GOD’S GOSPEL
- THE NECESSITY OF CHRIST BEING THE LIFE-GIVING SPIRIT
- BECOMING FULL-GROWN IN CHRIST
- THE NEED OF FIGHTING
- THE CRUCIAL POINT—THE INDWELLING CHRIST
- THE COMPOUND SPIRIT
- THE MINGLING OF GOD AND MAN
- THE NEED FOR REVELATION AND LEARNING
- BEARING SPIRITUAL CHILDREN AND CARING FOR THEM
Some key verses are:
- Colossians 1:24 I now rejoice in my sufferings on your behalf and fill up on my part that which is lacking of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for His Body, which is the church; 25 Of which I became a minister according to the stewardship of God, which was given to me for you, to complete the word of God, 26 The mystery which has been hidden from the ages and from the generations but now has been manifested to His saints; 27 To whom God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory, 28 Whom we announce, admonishing every man and teaching every man in all wisdom that we may present every man full-grown in Christ; 29 For which also I labor, struggling according to His operation which operates in me in power.
- 1 Timothy 1:16 But because of this I was shown mercy, that in me, the foremost, Jesus Christ might display all His long-suffering for a pattern to those who are to believe on Him unto eternal life.
- 2 Corinthians 3:17 And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
- 1 Corinthians 15:45 So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living soul”; the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit.
- Exodus 30:25 And you shall make it a holy anointing oil, a perfume compounded according to the perfumer’s art; it shall be a holy anointing oil.
- Leviticus 2:5 And if your offering is a meal offering baked on a flat plate, it shall be of fine flour mingled with oil, unleavened.
(All verses taken from the Recovery Version of the Holy Bible)
If you don’t have the book, then you can read this chapter on ministrybooks.org.
Please share your enjoyment in the comments below! (Comments will be approved before being made visible)